Learn More About Joe
Joe Diorio, Owner and Head Guide of Joe Diorio Guide Service is a certified USCG 25 Ton Master Captain. Joe grew up in Connecticut and has an extensive knowledge fishing the CT, RI, and NY waters. He has over 25+ years’ experience fishing in the area for Stripers, Bluefish, False Albacore, Blackfish, Fluke and Sea Bass.
Joe’s love for fishing has led him to travel across the country in pursuit of that next fish. Joe is a multi-species angler who is best known for his pursuit of large Stripers but also loves to target steelhead, brown trout, rainbow trout, pike, largemouth bass, tarpon, snook and various other species across the U.S. Joe is also a proficient fly fisherman as well as Centerpinner with over 15 years’ experience specifically targeting fish on either Fly or Centerpin. If interested, he can also make for a great guide targeting fish on these types of setups.
Joe is endorsed and supported by a number of fishing gear manufactures including Maxima Fishing Line, Lamiglas Rods, World Record Striper Company, Cobra Bait and Why Knot Fishing.
When Joe isn’t fishing he is typically spending time with his wife Nicole and daughter Jacqueline on the beach and playing hockey.
Joe’s mission is to share his enthusiasm for the outdoors and light tackle fishing for Trophy sized Striped Bass. Joe’s friendly attitude and passion for fishing will make him the ideal guide for your New England fishing trips.
Achievements for Joe:
- 2014 and 2015 On The Water Catch and Release Angler of the Year
- 2016 and 2017 Runner up On The Water Catch and Release Angler of the Year
- 2016 5th Place finish Pabst Blue Ribbon Catch and Release Tournament
- Featured Articles and Pictures in On The Water Magazine
- Stripers up to 60+lbs, Multiple 50+ pound fish and
- Team Captain for Why Knot Fishing
- United States Coast Guard (U.S.C.G.) licensed, fully insured.
- Pro Team for Lamiglas Rods, Maxima Fishing Line, World Record Striper Company and Cobra Bait.